Monday 27 August 2012

A Pirate's Life For Me!

 
A Pirate's Life For Me!
 
For those of you who hadn't yet noticed, I have quite a thing for Pirates!
 
So naturally I put myself forward when The Folkestone Film Factory were in need of a narrator for their latest workshop production 'A Pirate's Life'.
 
The short film was written and directed by two incredibly talented under sixteens taking part in a week long film making course, Hanne Jessen and Max O'Sullivan, and stars Folkestone based actors Ash White and Andy Butler, who you may recognise from local events such as Romney Marshes Day of Syn.

It tells the tale of Brian, a landlocked Pirate, struggling to come to terms with life on land after becoming disillusioned with the direction modern piracy was taking.
 
 To compound his misery on land, he has lost his faithful parrot 'Sir Squawksalot'.
 
 
Notice that someone has actually taken one of the contact slips!
 
It caused much amusement at the Film Factory when people stopped to seriously read the 'lost parrot' signs that were put up around town during filming; I would have thought that the 'reward' of 500 Doubloons was a dead giveaway, but apparently not!

 
Max and Hanne with me after I recorded my voice over.
 
Anyway, that's enough waffle from me; here's what you have been waiting for:

A Pirate's Life : A Film Factory Workshop Production
 
 
More films from the Film Factory can be found on their YouTube channel here.
 
Enjoy what's left of the weekend Folks. I'm off to find the answer to one of life's most important questions....
 
 
See Ye later Mateys! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment